The pediatrician told us to move forward with introducing cereal and fruits. Good thing we got the "ok" AFTER we started cereal! I guess we were a little anxious. We were told to stay away from Rice and Oatmeal cereal as they may only add to her constipation issues. So, she is eating Barley cereal and is getting introduced to new fruits and veggies every couple of days. Mackenzie has tried peaches, pears, apples, plums and butternut squash. Her favorites thus far are plums and squash.
I have also decided to make her baby food. Before I was pregnant I had no intention of making food as some of my other mommy friends had done. However, when it came time to deciding, I ended up changing my mind. Some of my reasons probably aren't why most mom's decide to do it. I think a large part of me felt guilty for not doing it as I tend to compare myself to other mom's when deciding if I'm a "good" mom or not. I was really hesitant in preparing my own as I already feel like I have zippo time. Everyone told me that it is so easy to do. So, I gave it a whirl. I agree, it's easy. But, it still takes time. Time that I often feel like I don't have. But, I've added it to my ever growing "to do" list. Another reason I decided to make my own food was to save money. Homemade food goes a lot further than the little containers of Gerber food. And lastly, making my own food makes me feel a little less guilty about being a working mom. So, whether my reasons are right or wrong....I'm making Mackenzie's baby food. I'm slowly trying to create a stock pile in the freezer. I'll see how long I'm able to keep up with her appetite and the lack of time I feel like I have as a full time working mom.
Besides her growing appetite and exploring foods other than formula, Mackenzie is loving her new cousin Carter. She lights up every time she sees him. I think she is anxious for him to start "talking" and "playing" with her.
Melissa, as long as you are doing the best you can, then you are a great mom!
ReplyDelete