Sunday, June 5, 2011

2011 Lancaster Red Rose Run


Well, it took 8 years but I finally did the Red Rose Run again this year. I did this race in May 2003. It was my first race and had never run 5 miles in my life. The challenging course made it for a rough first race and needless to say made me never want to do it again. However, 8 years later, married, a baby, and quite a few running races and triathlons under my belt and I gave it another whirl. My only goals were to have fun while pushing my daughter and running with my good friend Rosie and to beat my time from 8 years ago of 56:04. I think I shattered that time when I crossed the finish in 47:19. Go Us! Let's just say, I don't think I'll wait another 8 years to do the race again.


1 comment:

  1. can't wait to do this race with you next year again! :)

    ReplyDelete