Monday, October 26, 2009

Baby Osika is an Over-Achiever!

Andy & I went to our weekly appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine this morning at 7:30am. This week we were going to find out the baby's 2 week weight gain (the doctor alternates between a biophysical profile one week with the baby's weight the following). Andy and I were anxious to hear if the baby met the guidelines the doctor has set for him/her. For a weight restricted baby, they like to see a 6-8oz. weight gain over a 2 week period. This week Baby Osika went above and beyond and gained 9oz. The baby now weighs 2 1/2 pounds. We were told that he/she is still in the 4th percentile but as long as they continue to see progress with the weight gain the doctor's are happy.

It was confirmed in our appointment this morning that I will be induced at 37 weeks. My calculation is putting the delivery the week before Christmas. It's hard to believe that my induction is only 8 weeks away. Time sure does fly!

We are anxious to meet a healthy, happy Baby Osika in just a few short weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment