Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Busy, busy, busy....

Ok, so how will I ever manage when Baby Osika arrives? I have been going non-stop since 4:30am this morning! Crazy! I got up, went to the gym, then off to work, stopped home quickly before heading out to another day care visit, dropped my car off to get serviced, grabbed a quick bite to eat with my hubby, then stopped at a friend's to borrow a car for work tomorrow. We got home around 9pm. And to think that come January we'll have to work all that around an infant. Wow....hope I can handle it all! Sometimes I really wonder how people juggle home and work life with an infant. I feel like I'm busy now and I know this is nothing compared to what it will be like come January!

Anyways, we had our 2nd to last daycare visit this evening at the Hildebrant located at Landis Homes on Oregon Road. Andy & I would place this one in our top two. There were quite a few positives. The only negatives we noted were a small nursery (which has been rather common through out our tours) and the fact that the Director can only let us know one or two months prior to Baby Osika attending in late August 2010 whether there is an opening (that doesn't sit well in the stomach). So, we decided that if this ends up being our #1 choice, we may have to put a deposit down on another location as a back up just in case there are no openings come August 2010 when we've exhausted all of mommy and daddy's FMLA leave and Katie's (my little sister) summer vacation.

So, any guesses on when my belly button will become an "outy?" At 19 weeks (8/18/09), it is getting pretty close. Andy is loving the belly and constantly touching it and telling me and everyone else how cute it is. I've also noticed the stare downs at work and just through out the neighborhood as people's eyes are immediately drawn towards the belly to check out the progress. It's quite humorous actually! I also have those who hesitate to say anything because they hadn't heard the "official" news from me and didn't want to assume I was pregnant (as I could just be gaining weight). I am sure as the belly continues to grow people will have no doubts that I am growing a baby inside me and not just eating too many french fries!

5 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blogs....I have 3 children and I don't know how you pack so much into one day. Just wanted you to know that I never got an outy..not even when I was 40 weeks.
    Also, it's ok if you can't do it all. Sometimes it takes us Moms a while to realize that it's nearly impossible to do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny Meliss(french fries). I have to say you are at the stage where you just look like you have gained weight. People will be confused cause it's not a huge baby belly but just looks a little bigger(kinda like what I've done after 2 years of finally gaining 10lbs!)Anyway, my belly button never popped out either. Good thing cause Dale is totally grossed out by popped belly buttons :)
    As far as how do you do it? You eliminate some things that you used to do. I know it sounds depressing but it's just temporary. Like getting up at working out before work? OMG, the thought of doing that now just makes me laugh. I love my sleep and I sleep until the last minute before work. I guess I went many years of no sleep that now I can finally sleep in. The more you try to be supermom/woman, the harder you will be on yourself. Don't plan ahead so much for what your life will become. Just let it happen and play it by ear. You lose the "pick up and go" and run to the mall or to a weekend bed and breakfast, but gain a wonderful life that now depends on you. As the baby gets older it gets easier. Now when you put 2 kids in the picture.....ok, well lets just cross that bridge when it happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly looks so cute Melissa! What a cute little pregnant mommy you are! I have to say too, my belly button became like yours is now but never actually became an "outy", just became kind of non-existant and flat with my round belly. but my prediction will be that you will be staring down at an "outy" at week 34 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the frumpy pregnacy look (aka - people don't know what is going on with you) lasts until about month 6 - when you really pop! My belly button did not pop when I was pregnant with Brandon, but did this time - and it actually hurt. Felt like a bruise for a day or so. It was very weird. I hate it b/c you can see it through most of my shirts and I feel like my turkey timer went off and I need to be taken out of the oven. Enjoy the "little bump" now. Wait until you can't see your feet or bend over to tie shoes. I haven't worn anything except flip flops for months.
    Pam T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4:30am? I love you, but you're a nut.

    ReplyDelete