Andy and I just got back from a week in Rehoboth Beach with the DiTomasso Family. What a blast we had! Roseanne's family is so welcoming-they make you feel like you are part of their family. Andy and I continuously said to each other "Can you believe this is our last vacation without kids?" or "Can you believe next year we'll have a baby when we go on vacation?" We got to see first hand what it's like to have an infant on vacation since our good friend's Roseanne and Dan brought their 4 month old along, Giada. They sure had lots to think about when packing for an infant.....diapers, wipes, toys, pack-n-play, bottles, formula, lots and lots of clothes, etc! I think Giada had more stuff than the whole family combined! But, it's never a bad thing to come planned and prepared for everything.The above picture is my 18 week baby belly post (week of 8/10/09). As you can see, I sported the bikini on the beach. Andy just loves the "baby belly in a bikini" look! It took some convincing, but I gave in. Plus, I was too cheap to purchase another swim suit for one week.
A lot of people are wondering if I have felt Baby Osika move yet. And to be honest, I am not sure. Sometimes I feel a "flutter like sensation" but don't know if I'm imagining things or if perhaps it's just gas!! Everyone says that I'll know when I feel it. I guess since it's the first time and I don't know what it will feel like, it's hard to tell.Andy is quite the natural with Giada (not that I had any doubts). We babysat one night while in Rehoboth so mommy and daddy (Roseanne & Dan) could enjoy a dinner date. We also had a sleep over with Giada one night so mommy and daddy could get a good night's sleep. She was great for us! And Andy was a great help both nights.
You can check out the official results at the following website:
http://www.r2rresults.com/preset_results/race.php?rid=739&ss=0
While on vacation, Andy and I found this great bike trail that took us from Rehoboth Beach to Cape Henlopen State Park, a great 20 mile bike ride. At the half way point we stopped to pose for some pictures at this gorgeous look out point (in the bottom left picture). The bike rides at the beach made me wish that our roads in Lititz/Lancaster had bike lanes and that our communities were planned to accomodate similar bike/running trails.
..............Stay tuned for the 19 week belly picture on 8/18/09.
great pics!! I see the baby bump still small yet though.
ReplyDeleteWe loved vacationing with you guys! I love the picture of you with Giada...it's soooo dear! You are going to be the perfect mom!
ReplyDeleteI have cousins that ride that bike route. It is very nice. Quite a few of the roads in DE and NJ accommodate bikers and bonus, no hills!
ReplyDelete