Andy and I went to our 2nd appointment today. We got a good report from the nurse midwife. All of my blood tests came back negative and Baby Osika had a strong heart beat at 148 beats per minute. We are scheduled for our next appointment on August 21st @ 7:45am. We will be getting our 19 week follow-up and ultra sound at that time. If we so choose, we could find out the sex of the baby...however, we are sticking with our initial gut of waiting for the big surprise until January 2010!
We have also begun our search for the perfect daycare for Baby Osika. We have already scheduled appointments with the following day cares; Learning Ladder on Trolley Run Road in Lititz, Chesterbrook Academy on Airport Road in Lititz, Moravian Manor in Lititz, Sonshine Child Development Center in Lititz. We are also planning on setting up appointments with a few others in the area. But, we are open to suggestions and comments!
Stay tuned for our 14 week picture to be posted tomorrow evening....
I didn't know they took pictures today! Can't wait to see those pointy elbows!
ReplyDeleteNo pictures today. Just listened to the heart beat. They will do that every appointment. The only other ultra sound we'll have is at 19/20 weeks, on August 21st.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the updated pictures of baby osika at 19 weeks!
ReplyDeleteAs organized as you are Meliss, I can't believe you aren't finding out the sex. I loved knowing for the first one. I didn't get a ton of neutral things at my shower & It was so nice getting all boys things and painting the room to suit a boy. You could always do what we did and be surprised for the second :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny you said that Lisa! I was actually saying the same thing to someone yesterday...that for how organized and planned I am that it's odd I don't want to find out. But, I've ALWAYS loved surprises! And this has to be the best surprise of all:)
ReplyDelete