Just a few things to update you on.....
I broke out my first pair of maternity jean shorts this week. I wanted something comfy to wear when I took Cheyenne for a walk last night. So, I gave in. I have yet to try anything else in my bin of maternity clothes....but it's bound to happen any day now (or more like I'll give into it any day now).
Andy & I looked at our third day care this evening, Children's Corner at Moravian Manor in Lititz, PA. This day care had a lot of good qualities; Director has been with the program for 22 years (her own children went through the program), the staff to infant ratio is 1:3 (state regulation is 1:4), the nursery was the largest we've seen thus far, the tuition includes diaper wipes and food, and the opportunity to interact with elders through intergenerational programming (as the child care is associated with a nursing home). And I couldn't forget to add the fact that Baby Osika's future best friend or girlfriend, Giada, will be attending Children's Corner this August. The only negatives I saw were the curriculum (it's creative based-need to do more research) and the lack of before/after school programs (which is more of an issue once Baby Osika is in Kindergarten).
As a follow up to my previous post, I thought it was necessary to post this link to a video on you-tube:
I broke out my first pair of maternity jean shorts this week. I wanted something comfy to wear when I took Cheyenne for a walk last night. So, I gave in. I have yet to try anything else in my bin of maternity clothes....but it's bound to happen any day now (or more like I'll give into it any day now).
Andy & I looked at our third day care this evening, Children's Corner at Moravian Manor in Lititz, PA. This day care had a lot of good qualities; Director has been with the program for 22 years (her own children went through the program), the staff to infant ratio is 1:3 (state regulation is 1:4), the nursery was the largest we've seen thus far, the tuition includes diaper wipes and food, and the opportunity to interact with elders through intergenerational programming (as the child care is associated with a nursing home). And I couldn't forget to add the fact that Baby Osika's future best friend or girlfriend, Giada, will be attending Children's Corner this August. The only negatives I saw were the curriculum (it's creative based-need to do more research) and the lack of before/after school programs (which is more of an issue once Baby Osika is in Kindergarten).
As a follow up to my previous post, I thought it was necessary to post this link to a video on you-tube:
Check it out and you'll see how it's so appropriate to the previous post.
And lastly....the 16th week picture. I had the three previous pictures, week 13-15, under the "2nd Trimester has Begun" post. However, some people missed it when I updated it last week. So, I thought I would make this picture part of the most recent post. And as you will see....Baby Osika is really making an appearance....
And lastly....the 16th week picture. I had the three previous pictures, week 13-15, under the "2nd Trimester has Begun" post. However, some people missed it when I updated it last week. So, I thought I would make this picture part of the most recent post. And as you will see....Baby Osika is really making an appearance....

16 weeks, 7/28/09

15 weeks, 7/21/09

14 weeks, 7/14/09

13 weeks, 7/7/09
I am seeing a bump :) can't wait to see it in person on Thursday
ReplyDeleteOoh, food. Didn't think to mention food before. If the center provides food it is huge in my book. Not a big deal when it is bottles and baby food because you have to take that anyway. But once they start eating regular food, the convenience of not having to pack a lunch and snacks every day is great. One less thing to have to do every morning when you are trying to get out the door. Plus they get a hot meal that is way more nutritious than anything I would probably pack for them!!
ReplyDeleteYAY baby is growing and Mommy looks great :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little baby bump! you are going to be all belly Melissa!!Did you get to meet Brooke and Louise last night? They are the nursery room teachers and are great :)
ReplyDeleteWhat size is little baby osika now?! :) You look beautiful Meliss! You are going to be a great Mom!
ReplyDelete