As Andy and I were chatting over dinner, we started discussing my ever changing pregnant body (he is loving that there is a start to my baby belly). I told him how he needed to start eating more because as I see my body changing and growing from the weight gain I see his body continue to change....but in the opposite direction...SLIMMER (yes, even more slim than he already is.....he may be slim but he sure is svelte ladies)! He is currently training for his second Half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run) and is having trouble eating enough calories to even maintain his weight with all of the training he is doing in preparation for his big race on September 12th (mommy-to-be will be 23 weeks along as she cheers her husband on during the 5 1/2 hour event). So, I insisted that he needed to start gaining some sympathy weight so that I look less like a whale at nine months and he looks less like a twig (gotta love those chicken legs). Of course he promised to drink more hot chocolate and eat more triple chocolate chunk cookies from Barnes & Noble to support the cause.
Our conversation continued as we discussed the post-pregnancy body. I told him that he has to assure me that I don't purchase pants that give me "mom ass" or bras that give me "grandma boobs!" Now, I assure you that everyone knows what I am talking about. So, for all of those mom's out there, do you feel my pain? Did you go through something similar either while you were pregnant or post-pregnancy?
He just couldn't stop laughing when I brought this up. He insisted that I post something on my blog about my concerns of post-pregnancy. So, I did just that with this blog. It will be interesting to see what kind of reactions I get.
Ohhhhh Meliss! I can't even comment! I don't wanna depress ya :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm just going to break it to you...your body will never be the same after being pregnant. But, it's not a bad thing - just different. Granted I hate the stretch marks that cover only the right side of my stomach, but it makes me think of Maddie.
ReplyDeleteI won't lie, it will be different, but it may not be that bad. The biggest thing that I noticed after Blake was that even though I lost every pound of baby fat, my shape was just different. Hips will be wider, but knowing you, I can't imagine you ever having a "mom ass". :) Don't stress over it, it's all worth it.
ReplyDeleteYes, I couldn't agree more with Amanda's statement, IT IS ALLLLLL WORTH IT! You will look at Baby Osika, look at your body (that might change a bit) and think "I would do it all over again!"
ReplyDeleteAND....I would like to think that our husbands find our bodies more attractive knowing that our bodies helped to create their little baby :)
I have to say that your body will never be the same again, but the reward of having a baby and being a mom is so totally worth giving up your body for! Although, I would love to have my pre-baby body back, I would never ever think about giving up being a mom for that! It's the best journey that you will ever take!!
ReplyDeleteHonestly I think it just depends on your genes and you have little to no control over it...at least not entirely. I'm convinced my organs aren't even in the same place!! But I know people that are completely unchanged after pregnancy and even people that look better after pregnancy. The fact that you excersize so much and will continue to after you have the baby will make it much easier.
ReplyDelete