Tuesday, September 8, 2009

22 weeks along...

According to http://www.thebump.com/ Baby Osika is about the size of a papaya from weeks 21-24 and ranging in size from 10.5-11.8in and weighing in at 12.7-20.8oz.

Check out what else he/she is up to....
"Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop."

It's nights like these, where I don't get home from work until after 7pm that I wonder how it will all be possible once the baby comes. As I sit down to write this I feel as if I have a million things yet to do but at the same time my bedtime is quickly approaching. I guess I need to learn to let go of my "to-do" list sooner rather than later. I guess I just feel like everything will fall apart if I can't keep up. All of the mother's out there are probably just laughing and nodding their head at me right now.

Anyways, at 22 weeks along I am feeling lots of baby movement. Andy has also been able to partake in this amazing part of pregnancy. The look on his face every time he feels the baby move is enough to make my heart melt.

We've also been tackling a lot of baby related items that needed to be taken care of pre-baby. For instance, we finalized our will this weekend and we are in the process of getting life insurance (our blood and urine samples will be taken at our house tomorrow morning). I also spent a lot of time this past weekend clearing out the soon to be nursery and also making room for the bottles and what not in the kitchen cabinets. Another item we are trying to wrap up is our child care selection. We have it narrowed down to three and are visiting each one over the next three weeks during the day so we can observe how the teachers interact with the infants. Today we went to Children's Corner at Moravian Manor. We were very happy with everything we saw and look forward to the other two so we can get a good comparison. Oh, and even more exciting, I booked my maternity photos with a photographer that a good friend recommended. Our photo shoot is scheduled for November 7th at 4pm. I'll be right around 31 weeks (apparantly the belly is ideal between 30-32 weeks). You can check out her work at http://www.photographybytessie.com/. I know a lot of people had questioned me on exactly what maternity photos were. So, I'm including some of my photographer's work below for you to view:









1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, why is this woman wearing a sheet? It's either a sheet or she's managed to wrap herself in paper towels. Nice photos, but I recommend wearing something that shows off the bump without making you look like you're headed to a paper towel toga party.

    ReplyDelete