Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Frequent Flier Miles....

Can you earn frequent flier miles for weekly appointments with the doc?

Andy and I went to our follow up appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine this morning. The baby doubled in size from our appointment 4 weeks ago which is good. Even better, the doc said that the baby appears healthy, organs are all functioning as expected. However, Baby Osika weighed in at only 1lb 9oz and most babies at 25 weeks would be 2lbs. So, with that, we are now scheduled for weekly appointments until this Baby makes an appearance. They plan on monitoring the growth and organs on a weekly basis. The doc did say there is nothing to worry about at this point, but it still makes us worried and doubtful when we have to go on a weekly basis. Some may wonder if the due date is off. I asked that question. The doctor confirmed that the early ultra sound at 11 weeks is extremely accurate and therefore they are sticking with the original due date.

So, for now, just keep your fingers crossed that this baby remains healthy and continues to grow throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about my little niece/nephew :) I'm sure he/she will come out just PERFECT! Keep your heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget - all they report are averages. Everybody is different and if all the signs and signals are fine, let your mind be at ease. After all, you are not average!
    :-) Peg

    ReplyDelete