I recently read in one of my weekly pregnancy updates that daddy-to-be might be able to hear the baby's heart beat if he puts his head on mommy's belly. Andy and I are going to experiment and see if we have any luck!I am now at 24 weeks. There are times when I feel like time is going slow but then I realize that summer is over, fall has arrived, and before you know it, it will be Christmas. When I think about it that way, it's going to be here before I know it.
My belly is surely growing. I'm slowly losing my "inny" belly button as it's trying to convert to an "outy!" I'm also noticing that people who don't personally know me (mainly fellow gym-goers) are now brave enough to ask when I'm due. I guess I'm past the "looking fat stage" and now officially look pregnant enough that anyone can ask and not worry about insulting me.
Andy and I have almost knocked another thing off of our baby to-do list....daycare! After visiting quite a few centers, we narrowed it down to three places that we re-visited over the past three weeks during busy hours. We had the opportunity to meet with the teachers and observe how they interact with the infants. It's amazing how your perspective changes when you enter a nursery where the kids are all quiet and peaceful vs. a nursery where the kids are crying and carrying on. I know that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the day care but it still has an impact on your impression. We are now debating how important convenience of location is over the "ideal" day care. There are so many things that people consider when choosing a daycare, how do you know which one should be the deciding factor? Some of the things we've considered were location, Keystone Stars affiliation, NAEYC accredited, staff turn over, cost, and "perks" included within the weekly fee (snacks, hot meals, diapers, etc.). It's a lot of pressure knowing that your child's every day happiness is at stake!
You have to decide as much, or more, with your gut than with your head. For one thing, there will always be turnover at daycares...at least most of them. Stars, accreditation, etc...yes they are important...but which one did you feel the most comfortable leaving your child in. That gut feeling is important. Although I have to admit that the center providing food is a huge benefit.
ReplyDelete