Saturday, September 26, 2009

Monthly Baby Check Up

Andy and I had our 24 week check up this morning at 10am at May Grant Associates. It's amazing how quick these appointments are (that is the actual appointment....NOT the time in the waiting room). Andy and I had to chuckle at the fact that pre-natal care is so important but the appointment consists of listening to the heart beat, measuring the belly, and answering any questions. Besides the wait, it usually takes 5 minutes! Anyways, good report from the Nurse Mid-Wife. Baby's heart rate was 143 (lowest it's been thus far, generally around 150-151) and my belly measured at 24cm. The Nurse Midwife said the belly usually measures in accordance with how far along in your pregnancy you are (24cm-24weeks).

We are scheduled for a follow up appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine on Tuesday, Sept. 29th at 8:15am.

Our next monthly check-up is scheduled for Thursday, October 15th at 7:40am. Prior to this appointment I have to get a diabetes screening done where I get to indulge in a tasty sugar cocktail, wait one hour, and then get blood drawn. If I pass this test, I'm in the clear. If not, I have a three hour test to follow.

Stay tuned for an update on Tuesday from the specialist.....

No comments:

Post a Comment