Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Incredible Moment

Well I feel like this deserves a post from Dad to be. I was just sitting in the office reading up on some contest Google was offering when Meliss called my name. My first thought was that she needed something since her stomach hasn't been cooperating with her today. After heading out to the living room, I saw Meliss lying on the couch with both hands on her lower stomach and it immediately put a smile on my face. We were just discussing after our last appointment when we would be able to feel the baby on the outside. Well it turns out that tonight was the night.

Meliss placed my left hand on her lower stomach as I sat down next to her. Not knowing what to expect, I intently focused on the soft skin of her abdomen waiting for the slightest sign. Baby Osika didn't disappoint and quickly delivered a kick, punch, box out or head butt right where my hand was! Within 30 seconds there were two more softer "kicks"!

It's moments like these that I find this whole pregnancy thing down right amazing.

4 comments:

  1. AWE!! Yes it is so amazing, you are both going to make wonderful PARENTS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...one of the many amazing things about pregnancy!Enjoy those moments. They are lasting memories!!

    "Baby Osika didn't disappoint and quickly delivered a kick, punch, box out or head butt right where my hand was!"
    Ummmmmm Andy, girls don't kick, punch, box out or head butt....must be thinking it's a boy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/1998-04-18.gif

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got chills!! Isn't it absolutely an amazing process??

    ReplyDelete